Our Fans by Sir Peter Blake Poster Competition - Terms and Conditions.
- The ‘Our Fans by Sir Peter Blake Poster Competition’ (the “Competition”) is open to anyone aged 18 and over excluding employees of the Promoter, LONDON Advertising Ltd, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound to them on the basis of English law.
How to enter
- To enter the Competition you must explain, in 100 words or fewer, how the original artwork ‘Our Fans by Peter Blake’ (the “Poster”) should be used when it is removed from its current location on the façade of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. Entries must be submitted by completing the online entry form which is available at: mandarinoriental.com/blake
- Any Competition entry that suggests that the Poster will be displayed in a gallery or other public place must confirm that the entrant has secured agreement from the relevant organisation to display the Poster.
- Any Competition entry which contains a proposal to make a commercial use of the Poster must confirm that all profits made from such commercial use will be donated to a specified named charity. Any such entry must confirm that the relevant charity has agreed to the proposal outlined in the Competition entry and entrants confirm that they will be responsible for all obligations arising from the venture with the charitable cause which is envisaged.
- Only one entry is permitted per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
- The Competition closes at 17:00 GMT on 21 April 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
- You own the copyright in your Competition entry as its author.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, you give the Promoter:
- Permission for your entry to be published in any medium after the Competition closes, and you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry, and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the Promoter, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled; and
- The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- Your entry must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not promote any goods or services or include any trade marks (other than those belonging to the Promoter or those which you have permission to use), and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- Any proposed or actual usage of the ‘Our Fans by Sir Peter Blake’ poster or material should not be defamatory, or cause offence to the Promoter, or Sir Peter Blake or to any of the individuals who appear on it. If we have reason to believe your entry or proposal is in breach of this paragraph then we may not consider it and may disqualify it. Depending on the nature of the winning bid, the Promoter will arrange a temporary loan or permanent transfer of title in the poster on terms to be agreed with the winner.
- If your entry makes any reference to or uses any branding or any organisation, you confirm that such organisation has consented to that use.
- We may disqualify your Competition entry for the following reasons: your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions; you have not obtained the consents detailed above; you are not eligible to enter the Competition; or you cannot be contacted. In the event of disqualification, the Promoter may select a new winner in accordance with the selection processes outlined below.
Selecting a winner
- A panel of judges, made up of Sir Peter Blake, Jill Kluge (Director of Global Brand Communications, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group) and Michael Moszynski (Founder, LONDON Advertising) will consider all valid entries in accordance with the criteria set out at paragraph 17.
- The panel of judges may, at their absolute discretion, select one winning entry from all valid entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter expressly reserves the right to deem the Competition void, and to not pick any winner, if it deems the entries received to be of insufficient quality, not appropriate or not sufficiently feasible.
- When choosing the winner, the judges will consider the following criteria:
- which entry it considers to be the most inspirational and creative;
- which entry it considers is most likely to result in activity which is in the public interest or of greatest benefit to a good cause; and
- the feasibility of the proposal and the evidence as to the consents and permission which the entrant has already obtained.
- The judges will select the winning entry on or after 21 April 2017. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will win the ‘Our Fans by Sir Peter Blake Poster’ vinyl poster (measuring 65 metres x 24 metres) that was created for the façade of Mandarin Oriental, Hyde Park, London during its recent renovation.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take all reasonable steps to use the Poster in the manner specified in the winner’s Competition entry.
- The winner may collect the poster from Mandarin Oriental, Hyde Park, London on 1st May 2017 or from a location within the M25 Motorway by 30th October. If the winner does not arrange for the collection of the poster by that date then they must arrange and will be responsible for the costs of any further storage and/or delivery costs to secure possession of the Poster at a later date.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize.
- The winner will be notified by email on or before 24 April 2017 and given details of how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited.
- The name and county of the winner can be obtained after 1 May 2017 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Henry Moffett, LONDON Advertising, LONDON House, 3 Baltic St, London EC1V 0UJ.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- By participating in the Competition you agree to your name being announced as the winner of the Competition and to take part in associated publicity.
- The Promoter shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. By entering the Competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Competition entry, and for the purposes outlined in paragraph 24.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter’s advertising agency, LONDON Advertising Ltd. is responsible for administering the promotion. Any questions regarding the Competition should be sent to the Promoter’s agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter is: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Limited, 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA